FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below are some frequently asked questions about owning a Lexus as posted on the official Lexus website. If you don’t see your question below, visit the Lexus Canada website or contact us. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.
CAN I CHANGE THE SIZE OF THE TIRES ON MY LEXUS VEHICLE?
Lexus carefully selects a tire size and grade to match the specifications of the vehicle and to optimize ride comfort and handling. As a result, we recommend the following:
- Do not use tire sizes other than those supplied or recommended by Lexus
- Do not mix tires of different makes, models, tread patterns or tread wear
- Do not mix radial, bias-belted, or bias-ply tires
- Do not mix summer, all season and winter tires
- Always use Snow Tires when driving on snow or ice. Select snow tires of the same size, construction and load capacity as the original equipment tires.
- All four tires must be the same brand and have the same tread patterns.
Observe these precautions to help prevent accidents. Failure to do so may cause damage to parts of the drive train, as well as dangerous handling characteristics, which may lead to injury or fatal accidents.
WHERE DO I FIND THE RECOMMENDED TIRE PRESSURE FOR MY LEXUS?
Tire pressure for your vehicle is specified in your Owner’s Manual and may also be found on the Tire and Loading Information Label, accessible on the driver’s door pillar when you open the driver’s door, or in the glove box.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS DO I NEED TO TAKE DURING THE BREAK-IN PERIOD FOR MY NEW LEXUS?
To extend the life of your new Lexus, it is recommended that you observe the following precautions:
For the first 300 km:
- Avoid sudden stops
For the first 1000 km:
- Do not drive at very high speeds
- Avoid sudden acceleration
- Do not drive continuously in low gears
- Do not drive at a constant speed for extended periods
Note: The above has been updated to be consistent with the 2013 Owner’s Manual. All recommendations above are included in the manual. Refer to the index for the exact page location.
WHERE CAN I FIND INFORMATION CONCERNING THE TOWING CAPACITY OF MY VEHICLE?
Information about the towing capacity, if applicable for your vehicle, is available in your Owner’s Manual. We also recommend that you contact your Lexus dealership for further information, before towing.
To access towing information for current model year Lexus vehicles, select the vehicle of your choice from the Automobiles navigation and review the detailed vehicle Specifications.
CAN I TRANSFER MY LFS CONTRACT?
Yes, however the new potential lessee or owner must visit a Lexus Dealership, submit a credit application and be approved by LFS. A $400 transfer fee (plus applicable taxes) applies.
I JUST RELOCATED FROM ANOTHER PROVINCE. WHAT DO I NEED FROM LFS TO REGISTER MY VEHICLE?
You will need a letter of authorization to obtain License Plates for your Lexus in another Province. For details, contact the Customer Service Department at 1-800-265-3987. You are responsible to ensure that you have continuous insurance coverage as per the terms and conditions of the lease contract.